Tuesday, May 4, 2010

calm calm calm

it hasn't been impossible. but to just stop thinking must be one of the hardest obstacles I have ever attempted. instead of feeling out of reality [like last week]. i feel rather fuzzy. on edge. i was told to go to talk to someone. but i feel rather determined to fix my own brain thank you. it is hard to grasp the idea that someone else might know you better than you know yourself. i think sometimes we just deny everything [to ourselves]. if we are honest with our mind. it will be honest in return. positive reinforcement. positive energy. i promise i am not turning into some new-agey hippie woman. maybe a little.

i am feeling a little better each day. and hopefully it will all go away soon. im telling myself it will go away. it will work. besides working on not thinking. i am deleting myself. well. the myspace is gone. [or will be gone]. the twitter is gone. i am not sure about facebook. its never really been my thing. here is where i am worrying: i know this digital era is having both positive and negative effects on us. i feel that the positive can never balance out the negative, so i am attempting at limiting and taking control of technology's grasp on my mind. this blog will probably be the only remaining outlet. for now anyway. but heres the scary catch....all of my peers. my family. most of the people i know are all inter-connected and will not follow my lead. so. along with protecting my mind from digital overload, i am ostracizing myself from a comfortable social network. this will be the big experiment i guess. hhhhm.

1 comment:

jailbreak said...

I think putting that much thought into it is just letting it when. Yes, people let technology take over sometimes. But does everyone need to go to the extreme like you and delete everything? No. The thought of you "ostracizing" yourself from your friends and family because you don't use facebook and twitter makes me sick. If you're "ostracizing" yourself at all its because you don't pick up the phone and call them or even text them. No one gives a shit if you have a myspace or twitter, or whatever. It's sunny out, these days. Get up and go ride your bike around and don't give the internet another two thoughts.